Monday, February 14, 2005

Well, today is an extremely important and exciting day for that special relationship in my life - it's the anniversary of the day I bought my motorbike!

So in celebration of my loved one, I've made a list of things I've learned while biking:

1. Car drivers are lazy, sleepy, blind, and generally cretinous. And that's when they're not breaking the law. For example, I never realised that indicating was optional. And don't get me started on pulling out without looking.

2. I thought I'd hate bad weather but I don't. Strong winds, however, are, erm, eventful on a light vehicle.

3. 12 months' tax: £15. Tank full of petrol: 150 miles, £6.00. Knowing that as a biker, you're already ten times cooler than everybody else before you even get up in the morning: priceless.

4. Helmet hair is a way of life. I'm over it. I may never moan about my frizz again.

5. Bikers filter all the time because it's very hard to go slowly and keep your balance. Try pedalling at less than walking place and you'll understand.

6. Instant friends.

If anyone wants to buy me a Valentine's Day present, I'd like one of these (and the £4000 necessary to insure the thing please, and some heavy-duty sunglasses for the matt-black-obsessed boyfriend. And Valentino Rossi to "help me ride it" - ahem).

No comments: