Monday, February 21, 2005

Did you know that the idioms "Iron Curtain", "Special Relationship", and "Summit Meeting" were all invented by Winston Churchill?

(Or his scriptwriter, I suppose...)

9 comments:

Ian said...

I knew the "Iron Curtain" one, but not the others. Interesting.

Do me a favour?? Turn on a feed. Pretty please? ;)

louise said...

Your wish is my command - on condition you either re-register my beautiful domain name for me, or give me the info I need to do it myself :D

Of course, this might involve emailing me (yikes!).

Ian said...

Well, way back in the mists of time you had a login for 123-reg , when I transferred the ownership to you? If you can remember it you can renew through there, otherwise...

louise said...

Ah, I remember now. God knows what I've done with the bits of paper though!

louise said...

Both missions accomplished. Hurrah!

Ian said...

My titlebar says "grammafetish" ;)

Thanks for the feed though :)

louise said...

Yeah, thank you Mr Picky. It's been doing that for a while, and for the life of me I can't work out how to fix it. My HTML looks perfect.

I'm working on it...

Ian said...

Log into 123-reg and go to where you set up the web-forwarding. ISTR you set the titlebar text in there?? Apologies for my anal retentive nature ;)

louise said...

Ian, you are a god of geekery. I salute you.