Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Two posts today! With these posts, I am spoiling you...

This is an exact transcription of a letter I received at work: all confidential names deleted, all typographical errors sic. Read it and weep. Going by the name of the sender, English should be her native language. I may be making racist assumptions here, of course.

Dear [deleted],

I forward on to you the costing for taken [deleted] to London on the 18th July to go to George Hospital, the TS clinical, I had discuss this with Lyne, who told me to forward on the cost for taken
[deleted] to London.

As
[deleted] appointment is first thing in the morning on the 19th July, we will have to stay overnight in a bed and breakfast, I have book for us to stay on night in a holiday inn.

The cost for whole visited will be £350 which included commotion
[I think she means "accommodation"] for one night and staff taken [deleted] to London.

I would really appreciate if someone can contact us regarding the cost and if your team are going to fund this visit to London. If you required any more information please feel free to contact me on the above telephone number.

Yours truly,


[deleted]

A great example of the perils of relying on spell checkers, I think...

No comments: