I was awoken this morning by the boyfriend humming the Jellicle Song from Cats. And I was thinking, Andrew Lloyd-Webber is a bit schmaltzy, but he does have his little moments of genius.
Then I corrected myself - I should have said Lord Lloyd-Webber. "What horrible dysphony!" I thought. (Yes, I do use words like dysphony when I'm only half awake, although it's possible in this case that I've made the word up. All that Ancient Greek I did at university is poisoning my mind.) "It could only be worse if his surname was Lloyd-Lloyd!".
But that's a stupid name, my more rational mind pointed out (it was waking up by this point). To have a double-barrelled name like that, one of his female ancestors would have had to have Lloyd as a maiden name, and marry a man whose surname was also Lloyd, and be sufficiently feminist to want to keep her name, even though it's the same as her husband's!
And then I started wondering, is anyone that feminist? Has any woman ever been put in this position? And if so, will I ever meet them?
Then I realised that I was going to be late for work, so I got up...
Friday, May 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment