Friday, October 21, 2005

I can't believe I'm admitting this on the internet, but I seem to have caught myself watching Airline on ITV. While being impressed by the girl on the desk taking no shit from the angry customer, I'm sitting on the couch being quietly incensed by the theme tune. It's some rubbishy slowed-down cover of Come Fly With Me, sung by some woman with an extremely dull voice. But - the horror! - they've changed the words! She sings:

Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away
If you could use some exotic booze
On a far-flung holiday...


Far-flung holiday? Far-flung holiday?! Is this because the ITV Friday night target demographic don't know where Bombay is? Do the makers think they'll get confused and think the program is about Bombay? I can't believe it's political correctness, although I'm sure not one single Indian would be offended that the song doesn't refer to it as Mumbai. Argh!

Come to think of it, does Tony Robinson not have proper work to do these days?

Enough. I'm flicking quickly to Will and Grace.

No comments: